Cathedrals and Roman Ruins

Cathedrals and Roman Ruins

These past weeks I have had spent a good amount of time in Cathedrals. Every Spanish City has a Cathedral. They of course are all so so beautiful. One thing that i adore about their Cathedrals is how often Women figures are present. It is hard in history to find evidence of women. Nevertheless, there is an abundance of women (naked or not) in history. One of my favorite images is a image of Mary pouring over her scriptures as the angel comes to tell her about Jesus Christ. I love to picture Mary as someone who studied her scriptures and was thoughtful. I also love Cathedrals because they have such incredible and sculptures of Jesus Christ. Every time I go into a Cathedral I pray to receive revelation about my Savior and thus far every time I walk into a new one I do. 

Spain is such a special place because it has ties all over the world. Spain was at one time controlled by the Carthaginian which lead them to become, indirectly,  a world power. Nevertheless, being a world power always leads to world conflict. Thus Spain was invaded by Romans and to this day has their touch among their cities. It is absolutely breath taking! You don't expect to see Roman history and ruins in Spain but it is!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st week in Seville

Entertainment

Lisbon and Sintra Portugal