Entertainment

Entertainment has been apart of human's lives for centuries. It is embedded into the desires of all humans. I was at some Roman's ruins the other day and I was reflecting about gladiators. I felt so sick about the thought of people cheering as people died. I sat there and thought about how death is such a scary and entertaining thing. It evokes the deepest of human emotions. As I sat in this gladiator pen I recognized that bull fighting also agreed with this idea that people are exhilarated when watching someone die! I couldn't wrap my head around why people could be okay to see people slaughtered. Then I realized that in our own way we do that in our society. The world praises another sort of death a death of spirit. it isn't in to see people die in front of you. But it is to have highly sexual films which  hit on a very very spiritually dangerous topic. I walked around and realized that we endorse often movies and music that illustrate clearly for us what stepping off the covenant path looks like. I know this might seem like a ridiculous topic but I think it is a topic that has some depth it is one we should all consider. Do we endorse death in our lives? especially do we endorse Spiritual death? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st week in Seville

Lisbon and Sintra Portugal