1st week in Seville
1st week in Seville
Spain is an absolutely delightful place! I have loved my first week in Spain because it has been simple but very enlightening. This week we started classes. One of my classes is on the history of Spain and being able to study the history while simultaneously walking Sevilla's streets is impactful.
This might seem silly. But this is my friend and I at the historic Plaza de Espana. It was created in 1928 and it is specifically impressive because it is a mix of Baroque, Renaissance, Moor, and Spanish art. We have been taught a lot about how Spain is a sort of melting pot for different peoples and being able to see physical evidence of that helps me really understand what a mixing of cultures means and how it impacts a place.
Here is a simple picture of my friends and I getting tapas in Spain! Getting Tapas might seem not education at all. Nevertheless it very much is. I know that personally for me that I believe that everyone is like me. But eating dinner at 8 or 9 and eating these social tapas makes you think. As I sat in the streets and ate these tapas with my friends I was pushed to think about how we as humans have the capacity to live so many different ways. While we sat here a spaniard showed up on his bike open his tiny door to his apartment complex locked up his bike and walked up to his little apartment. Just sitting there watching him a well enough man come in on a bike and let himself into a tiny apartment above the shops was thought provoking. I think at times I live in a box and believe that I can't live anyway but the way I see all around me.But that isn't true at all! This is important to realize as a diplomat because if we believe that everyone needs to live like us to be happy the policy we make will be very very faulty.
Comments
Post a Comment