"as if traveling for 24 hours isn't enough"
I feel like often in life we don't share our whole journey of any part of our lives and I am hoping to avoid that as best I can in this blog.
My journey for my study abroad began 8p.m. on a Saturday night when I was dropped off about 10 hours before my flight. I filled the hours with a call to my beautiful sister Addy, watching the POST which due to the suspense in the movie left me kind of on the edge and then of course my nightly scripture study.
a side note...Boy do I love the Book of Mormon! I was really impacted by a verse in Jacob 3:2 where Jacob admonishes us to feast upon ...... nope not the scriptures Gods Love. I had never noticed that scripture before and have begun to wonder how I can actively feast on God's love!
After that I tried to sleep. Now picture this I am in the huge Seattle Airport.. basically completely alone besides the occasional passer by. I fell asleep and woke up now and again until I fell in a pretty deep sleep from 12-2am at which point I cracked my dry eyes open to see an African American women in a hijab who works as a cleaner staring at me mid job. Mostly just funny but once that happened a few minutes latter someone with a vacuum came by and was cleaning. I'll say this there is kind of a euphoric feeling gained from being in public in a huge mostly empty building by yourself at 3 am. You should try it some time.
I saw a bit of New York and was able to see a few of my study abroad girls before my flight in the Newark Airport.
My flight from Newark to Lisbon wasn't to bad I had a family spacious seat and was given both dinner and breakfast. Definitely nit my favorite to be traveling overnight but?
My journey for my study abroad began 8p.m. on a Saturday night when I was dropped off about 10 hours before my flight. I filled the hours with a call to my beautiful sister Addy, watching the POST which due to the suspense in the movie left me kind of on the edge and then of course my nightly scripture study.
a side note...Boy do I love the Book of Mormon! I was really impacted by a verse in Jacob 3:2 where Jacob admonishes us to feast upon ...... nope not the scriptures Gods Love. I had never noticed that scripture before and have begun to wonder how I can actively feast on God's love!
After that I tried to sleep. Now picture this I am in the huge Seattle Airport.. basically completely alone besides the occasional passer by. I fell asleep and woke up now and again until I fell in a pretty deep sleep from 12-2am at which point I cracked my dry eyes open to see an African American women in a hijab who works as a cleaner staring at me mid job. Mostly just funny but once that happened a few minutes latter someone with a vacuum came by and was cleaning. I'll say this there is kind of a euphoric feeling gained from being in public in a huge mostly empty building by yourself at 3 am. You should try it some time.
I saw a bit of New York and was able to see a few of my study abroad girls before my flight in the Newark Airport.
My flight from Newark to Lisbon wasn't to bad I had a family spacious seat and was given both dinner and breakfast. Definitely nit my favorite to be traveling overnight but?
Comments
Post a Comment